Bangalore – A hub of engineering colleges Bangalore is one of the most prominent education hubs of India. The city offers high-quality national and international level education to students from across the globe. The city is brimming with colleges and institutes of various fields such as management, engineering, medicine, law, education, social science and linguistics.
The city is known for having more than 125 research and development centres. Most of all, the city is known for being a hub of engineering. There are numerous engineering colleges in Bangalore that offer excellent education and world-class facilities to the students. Students from across the country consider Bangalore the perfect destination for pursuing B. Tech.
Some of the top engineering colleges in Bangalore are:
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT): Founded in 1962, MSRIT is amongst the oldest engineering colleges in Bangalore. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate level engineering programmes with various specialisation like civil, mechanical, electrical, electronics, communication, computer science, chemical, industrial, information science, telecommunication and biotechnology. The college has tie-ups with over 300 companies and provides a huge number of placements annually. The college is accredited with Grade A by NAAC and received 60th rank in India by NIRF. It is also ranked as the best college among institutions under VTU affiliation.
- BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE): It is the foremost initiative of the private sector in Indian engineering education. The college is counted among the top engineering colleges in Bangalore and offers 16 postgraduate and 13 undergraduate courses. The college is recognized by AICTE and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The college has also received Tier-1 NBA accreditation and Grade-A NAAC accreditation. BMSCE has a dedicated placement and recruitment cell that works nonstop for providing outstanding career opportunities for the students. It has MOUs and collaborations with several national and international organizations for research, academic and innovative purposes.
- R.V. College of Engineering (RVCE): Set up in 1963, the college is run by a non-profitable trust RashtreeyaSikshanaSamithi Trust (RSST). The institute offers several undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programmes. Spread across an area of 52 acres, the campus is located on Mysore Road in Bangalore. It is an autonomous institute affiliated to VTU and is accredited by various organizations like AICTE and NBA. The college has also won many awards and rankings. The Week ranked RVCE 9th among India’s top 99 engineering colleges. Outlook ranked the college as the top self-financing engineering institute of India in 2013. Higher Education review awarded RVCE as the ‘Engineering College of the Year 2014’ for academic excellence.
- International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT): IIIT is listed among the top engineering colleges in the Bangalore. The private research university offers a wide range of engineering programmes to the students. Distinguished and experienced academicians are a part of the excellent team of faculty members. The college grants admission on the basis of rank in the (JEE Main) examination. IIIT pass-outs are working in prestigious firms all across the world. NIRF ranked the college 56th in the engineering category in 2018.
· Bangalore Institute of Technology: Established in 1979, the engineering college in Bangalore offers 9 undergraduate and 10 postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes with specialisations in many fields like civil, electrical, mechanical, electronics, communication, instrumentation technology, computer science, telecommunication, management and information science. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The Week ranked the college 68th among the engineering colleges in 2017. Check out list of top Engineering colleges in Bangalore at https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/ranking/top-engineering-colleges-in-bangalore/44-2-0-278-0