It can be any reason that you wanna restore the original factory settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender – might be, the current settings are not exactly what you need or perhaps you’re eventually losing control of these settings. In this tutorial, you’ll get a step-by-step guide to how you can reset the Netgear Ex7000 Extender via mywifiext.net back to its factory default settings. Let’s get going!
You can reset your Netgear wireless repeater (extender) to factory settings by following two rose petal ways:
Method 1: Use the Factory Reset button/ Hole
- Grab a pointed object like a safety pin, pen or a paper clip.
- After that, find the factory reset button at the bottom of your Netgear signal booster (extender).
- Next, use the pointed object to long press reset hole for a couple of seconds. Slowly release the button, when the extender LED lights start blinking.
- Next, wait until the console reboots completely.
- Once it reboots successfully, you’ll find it set to its factory default settings.
Method 2: Use Web Graphical User Interface (GUI)
GUI (graphical user interface), is a type of user interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices or gadgets via visual indicators and graphical icons like secondary notation, instead of text-based user interfaces, text navigation or typed command labels.
For GUI method, you’ll have to use a computer or laptop that’s connected to your Netgear console via Ethernet cable. In order to know whether a smart WiFi device is connected to your range expander (extender), check the device to extender LED (power light). If it indicates or shows solid green then there must be a device connected currently.
- Now, on the connected computer or a laptop, head to your relevant web browser.
- Type 168.1.250 in the URL bar field and hit the enter key.
- You’ll see that the Netgear Genie login page has been displayed. Here you have to provide your associated Email and password (security key) and hit the Log In button.
- Now, on the next page, go to Settings and after that, hit on Other Settings.
- Once done, hit on Reset and then on Yes.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the web user interface resets your Netgear device back to factory defaults.
Not so tech savvy? Don’t worry let us “the solution provider of Netgear” do it for you. Just dial a 24×7 toll-free number 1-888-829-5515 and without any hesitation ask us for Netgear support.
Hope you have reset your device successfully? Now, let us guide you with some handy and fascinating tactics on how to install Netgear EX2700 via WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup).
- Place the range extender in the same room as your existing WiFi Router.
- Ensure that you have a live and active internet connection coming out from the main router. On the other hand, you also have to make sure that your router is capable of supporting the WPS feature.
Note: WEP Security is not supported by WiFi-Protected Setup. For this, you have to navigate to router login page in order to change the security of your device to WPA2-PSK (AES).
- Plug in your range extender into an electrical outlet and wait for some time for its LED lights to become stable. In case it does not turn ON, don’t worry and simply press the On/Off button on the side panel of your Netgear device.
- Now, press and hold down the WPS button for a few seconds on the side panel of your booster. When the WPS LED blinks release the button.
- After that, within a couple of seconds, push the WPS button on your main router as well.
- You will see that the WPS LED on WiFi range extender will turn solid green and the router’s Link LED will also turn to solid green. After that, it will show you that your EXT is connected to your main network safely, securely, and successfully.
- Now, move the extender to your preferred location but make sure it is in between the router and your WiFi-enabled devices.
- For better performance, update Netgear firmware on your device timely.
Folks! Well Done! You have successfully configured your Netgear wireless range extender through WPS. This is the easiest method to set up your device.
If you still have something to ask, do it simply via below-appearing comment box.