Piercing nose and ears is an immensely common practice, but, in the recent times, people have been adorning other parts of the body, too, such as eyebrow, upper lip, navel, etc.
A fresh piercing needs extensive care since there is a high chance it may get infected. However, studies have shown that old piercings are also prone to infection. Continuous tugging, changing the jewellery frequently, and simply being careless are held responsible.
Even though there are plenty effective OTC medications, the following write-up specifies home remedies that can also treat infected piercings. These also speed up the healing period or make sure it is free of pain. Please check them out right now.
Turmeric has been used for its antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic, and antifungal properties since time immemorial. This golden spice not only makes sure a pierced area is free of germs but also allows it to recover from the trauma faster. A few renowned tattoo artists in the Gold Coast specified the ways to use turmeric:
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a small bowl.
- Add water to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the pierced area only after cleaning your hands.
- Leave it until the paste dries, and then rinse off using plain water.
- Pat the area dry. Carry this remedy out for at least a week to notice improvements.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil can cure piercing infections within a short period. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that keep the harmful germs at bay and allows the skin to heal at its own pace. Using castor oil on a regular basis can also provide permanent relief from all sorts of inflammations. To know how to use, it please continue reading.
- Rinse the piercing with saltwater
- Dip a cotton ball or a Q-tip in castor oil.
- Now gently apply the oil on the area and leave it for about twenty minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil can treat infection and sooth irritated and inflamed skin in absolutely no time. Make sure to dilute tea tree oil in any carrier oil such as coconut oil or castor oil, as some people admitted it being a tad harsh on the skin. Adhere to the steps below during application:
- Mix tea tree oil in any carrier oil or distilled water to tone it down.
- Immerse a cotton ball in this mixture and gently apply the oil on the pierced area.
- Leave it for about half an hour and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Discontinue if you feel tea tree oil is doing more harm than good.
The experts offering kids ear piercing Gold Coast said salt can successfully limit the growth of dangerous microbes. Besides preventing infection, it also facilitates the healing process to a great extent. Salt keeps the skin clean and soothes any kind of irritation. Follow the steps below with caution:
- Boil a glass of water.
- Add ½ tablespoon of salt in the water and mix well.
- Let the solution cool, or else it will burn the skin.
- Soak a cotton bud in the solution and clean the piercing with it.
Some other things that may also help include aloe vera gel, ice, crushed basil leaves, and clove oil.
You need to try each remedy stated above to find out what works best for you. If you feel the symptoms or the overall condition of your pierced body part exacerbating, please seek medical assistance. top tourist destinations tagaytay